The Operations Assistant is a part time, temporary position and will likely end in February 2020.
The Operations Assistant will perform a variety of administrative, clerical support and communications tasks, supporting the board and volunteers, while coordinating the daily office needs and overseeing the Association’s general administrative and operational activities, ensuring they run smoothly, effectively, and in a financially responsible manner. The job includes assisting with the production of WVSO concerts, events, and community engagement activities, and interacting with artistic administration, facility management, musicians, and artists in a manner that builds strong relationships for the WVSO.
The individual will be required to establish regular daily office hours but maintain flexibility based on the needs of the organization. The position will work towards an hourly weekly schedule of 30 hours, with possible extended hours, including evenings and weekends, due to workload for concerts, events, or other activities.
The hourly pay rate is $15.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with various projects as needed including mailings, tracking of member benefits, concert ticketing, printing projects, event and concert support, processing office supply orders, and disseminating communications
• Compose, edit, and proofread correspondence and reports, and prepare a range of
administrative documents, reports, charts, letters, invoices and presentations
• Maintain accurate database and eNewsletter information, contact and communication lists, spreadsheets and documents
• Track incoming bills and reimbursement requests, organize and prepare them for processing
• Provide direction and information in response to all incoming calls, walk-in, email and mail
• Pick up mail from Post Office, sort and distribute; prepare, record and deliver outgoing mail
• Maintain appropriate filing systems and organizational calendars
• Keep reception and common use areas clean, tidy and orderly
• Prepare orchestra rehearsal schedules, working with Music Director and Operations Manager
• Prepare rosters of orchestra musicians for each concert, working with Music Librarian and Music Director to ensure proper instrumentation and string seating
• Coordinate and administer all concert production activities of the orchestra, including facility logistics, equipment rental and moving, staging requirements, and artistic personnel
• Attend all rehearsals and performances to coordinate equipment moving, orchestra set up, take attendance, contact tardy musicians, coordinate personnel issues, assist the Music Director and guest artists, and make sure the WVSO is in compliance with contracts for services
• For rehearsals and concerts, arrive backstage early to check all preparations, and inform orchestra personnel or stage technicians of any last-minute changes. Call any cues and guest artist entrances, and respond to technical needs of the conductor and musicians. Assist with distribution of on-stage gifts such as flowers or gift baskets as needed.
• Serve as the contact for musicians, communicating rehearsal and concert reminders, coordinating import and guest artist housing, and other personnel issues
• Coordinate schedules, hotel stays, Concert Preludes, and media and community engagement appearances with Music Director and guest artists
• Submit import musician and guest artist lists for payroll and distribute their checks after each concert, based on music return
• Coordinate moving equipment for concert receptions, events, activities and special exhibits
• Coordinate Saturday dress rehearsal activities and volunteers, including lobby and reception set up, student rehearsals and musician potlucks
• Follow up on all orchestra member requests in a timely manner; help promote positive relations between the orchestra and the organization
• Assist Operations Manager, coordinating the dissemination of publicity, marketing materials and communications via social media, the website, and newsletters, and working with local media
• Assist Fund Development Team as requested
• Complete and submit quarterly music licensing reports in a timely manner
• Adhere to the WVSO budget in all aspects of planning and logistics management
Please email you resume to: email@example.com